Interested in a health related career? Do you want to go to a health related professional program? Don’t miss out on the annual UT Health Fair! At the fair, you’ll have the opportunity to meet directly with recruiters from health related programs across the region. Pre-Health students are encouraged to attend in order to network and learn more about health profession options and admissions expectations. The Health Fair is open to all students and advisors. Admission is free.
The Health Fair offers something for everyone:
First and Second Year Students
- Explore health profession school options
- Build networks for the future
- Get tips from school representatives on undergraduate preparation and co-curricular activities
Juniors, Seniors, and Alumni
- Learn about specific programs from school representatives
- Collect application and financial aid information
- Get tips on personal statement writing, the application process, and letters of reference
Tips for Preparing for the Fair
- Wondering who’s coming to the Fair? Take a look at the list of schools participating and check out their websites to identify schools of interest.
- Prioritize your list of schools to make effective use of your time at the Fair.
- Brainstorm questions you might ask admissions representatives. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- What is unique about program X at your university?
- What types of courses would I take in program X?
- What experiential components does program X offer (internships, rotations, etc.)?
- What does your admissions committee look for in an applicant?
- I read about XYZ on your website. Can you tell me more about that?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a dress code? There isn’t. Just dress appropriately for meeting with school reps.
- What do I bring? You’re encouraged to bring your questions, something to take notes on and a bag for the literature you’ll pick up at the tables.
- What if I can’t make it at 11? That’s okay. The event is ongoing. Just stop by anytime between 11-3pm.
- What if I cannot attend the health fair at all? That’s okay. You can find the contact information for each of the programs represented at the fair on this website beginning October 8, 2018
- Who should attend? Students who are thinking about attending health professions schools and pursuing a career in health care are encouraged to attend.
|University of Tennessee Health Science Center||Pharmacy|
|Lincoln Memorial University-College of Veterinary Medicine||Veterinary Medicine|
|Union University College of Pharmacy||Pharmacy|
|University of Tennessee||Medical Laboratory Science|
|West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine||Osteopathic Medicine|
|High Point University||Pharmacy
|Lincoln Memorial University, Master of Science Program||Osteopathic Medicine
Veterinarry Biomedical Sciences
Life Sciencs Research
|Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM)||Osteopathic Medicine|
|Milligan College||Occupational Therapy
|Lincoln Memorial University||Physician Assistant|
|Lipscomb University College of Pharmacy||Pharmacy|
|Gatton College of Pharmacy ETSU||Pharmacy|
|University of Memphis – School of Public Health||PhD – Epidemiology
PhD – Social Behavioral Sciences
PhD – Health Systems Policy
Master Health Administration
Master Public Health
|Ross University||Allopathic Medicine|
|University of Tennessee Health Science Center||Graduate Programs in Biomedical Sciences (MS & PhD Programs)|
|South College School of Pharmacy||Pharmacy|
|Appalachian College of Pharmacy||Pharmacy|
|UTMCK School of Radiography||Radiology|
|UTHSC College of Medicine||Allopathic Medicine|
|The University of TN Health Science Center College of Nursing||Nursing|
|The University of Tennessee Health Science Center||Tennessee Institutes for Pre- Professionals|
|Mercer University||Physical Therapy
Clinical Psychology PsyD
|UT Department of Public Health||Public Health|
|Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences||Osteopathic Medicine
Biomedical Sciences, PsyD
|South College||Physician Assistant|
|ESTU Quillen College of Medicine||Allopathic Medicine|
|UTHSC College of Health Professions||Health Informatics and Information Management
Audiology and Speech Languate Pathology
|UTHSC Physician Assistant||Physician Assistant|
|UPIKE Kentucky College of Optometry||Optometry|
|US Navy||Allopathic Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Optometry, Osteopathic Medicine, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Public Health|
|Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences||Allopathic Medicine|
|South College||Physical Therapy|
|Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy||Pharmacy|