Preparing to Return to Campus
In preparation for the university’s return to on-campus activities in the fall, all faculty, staff, and GTAs/GRAs should:
- Complete the required online training by July 15 (even if you anticipate continuing to work remotely). Please note that Instructors of Record are required to complete both the Return to Campus Training and the Return to Classroom Training.
- Review the Return to Work Guide
- Request PPE from your departmental business manager/administrator at least three days prior to your return so they can order PPE and cleaning supplies for you.
- Update your VolCard to ensure you are able to gain entry to your building. During Phase 2, all buildings are locked. You can update your card ID at the VolCard Office located at 408 Student Services Building. If you have an Apple Wallet or iPhone/Apple Watch, you may also obtain a digital card here.
Daily Routine for all On–Campus Activity
- Complete the Self-Screening form DAILY, before coming to campus. Self-screening can also be completed through the Tennessee App found in Apple Store or Google Play. To download, search for “University of Tennessee” in the App Store and Google Play.
- Face coverings are required, even outside while walking on campus. Keep your face covering with you at all times. Wear a cloth face covering when in public or when social distancing is not possible, including times of brief interaction. Work without a face covering only where you are alone in a confined space.
- Practice social distancing. Stay at least six feet apart from others. Follow any campus signage related to social distancing, particularly for common areas, elevators, hallways, etc. Virtual or hybrid meetings are strongly encouraged to maintain social distancing requirements and due to limited space availability.
- Frequently wash hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect your work areas and frequently touched surfaces. Do not spray disinfectant directly on electronic devices; spray on a towel instead. Learn more online about cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
- Observe restrictions in common areas. Common areas where people are likely to congregate and interact have been identified and certain areas are restricted. Please follow signage. Beverage stations have been removed in accordance with UT guidelines.
- Stay informed with the latest news and updates on UT’s COVID-19 website: utk.edu/coronavirus.
- When to self-isolate
- Teaching resources
- All COVID-19 guides
- Campus visitor health check form
- Temporary Space Closures
Return to Campus Guidelines (PDF version)