We are the central communications team for members of the college administration, departments, programs, research centers, advancement team, and advising services. Our professional communications team handles all the creative and digital communication needs, as well as news and external media relations, for the College of Arts and Sciences.
Our services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Publishing Dialogue (monthly e-newsletter from the Dean), Higher Ground (annual report/alumni magazine), and a weekly upcoming events email announcement
- Providing support for newsletters, event promotion, and other promotional and design needs for units in the college
- Managing and updating college, department, and unit websites
- Managing the college Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts and the student social media ambassador program
- Working with faculty to write/coordinate news stories and external media releases/advisories
- Facilitate office hours with faculty interested in writing for The Conversation
As stewards of the university’s brand at the college level, we follow the brand guidelines of the Office of Communications and Marketing to support strategic and integrated marketing and communications across the university.
Need assistant with a project? Please fill out a project request form and we will be in touch about how we help meet your communication needs.
For news items, such as publications, awards, etc., we have forms for faculty and staff to submit their information. Please fill out this form for all news related to a publication. If you have news about a grant, please complete this form. Once received, we will review the item and determine the best route for publicity.
We have two new opportunities to feature faculty teaching, research, and outreach/service. The first is a new social media campaign, #FeatureFacultyFriday, which will highlight faculty from all our departments and units. If you would like to nominate a faculty member for this new campaign, please fill out this form.
Another new opportunity is the Scholar Spotlight, which will run in the college’s monthly e-newsletter, Dialogue. To nominate a faculty member for this spotlight, please fill out this form.
Director of Communications
Creative Communications Manager
College Brand Liaison
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org