To all department heads in the College of Arts & Sciences:
We are in the process of updating the department heads’ calendar, which will be distributed at the August 16 department heads’ retreat. Because calendars tend to fill quickly once the academic year begins, Dean Lee asks that you add the dates below to your calendar now.
You will notice that two of the additions are bi-weekly department heads’ meetings. These are supplements to the standing September 13 and October 11 meetings. Dean Lee has added these dates to ensure that adequate time is set aside to discuss important information and the college’s direction on several topics at the beginning of the academic year. These meetings are subject to cancellation should they be deemed no longer necessary.
- August 16 – Department heads’ retreat, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the Holiday Inn – World’s Fair Park
- August 30 – Bi-weekly department heads’ meeting, 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m., Ayres Hall, Room 308H
- September 4 – Ice cream social for those who have completed OIT security training by August 31, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., Ayres Hall Lobby
- September 6 – Welcome reception for new faculty, recently promoted and tenured colleagues, and recognition of 2017-18 retirees, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m., location TBA
- September 27 – Bi-weekly department heads’ meeting, 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m., Ayres Hall, Room 308H
- December 6 – Faculty awards dinner, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m., location TBA
Additionally, Dean Lee needs to visit each department’s faculty and staff early in the semester to discuss systems within your department that require a proper security system is in place. Developing a list of such systems has been requested by OIT. Please email Teresa Volkodav-Crabtree with your availability for a 30-minute discussion during August and/or early September.