Below are a few dates to note for the upcoming academic year.
Graduate Student Senate Travel Awards
Graduate students planning to travel to professional meetings can apply for a graduate student senate travel award. The College of Arts and Sciences deadlines are follows:
- August 20 for fall 2018 travel
- November 19 for spring 2019 travel
- April 1 for summer 2019 travel
The GSS deadline for fall 2018 is August 27.
Ice Cream Social
Dean Lee will host an ice cream social September 4 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the Ayres Hall lobby for all College of Arts and Sciences faculty and staff who complete the OIT Security Awareness Training by August 31.
The new Ken and Blaire Mossman Building is officially open. The dedication ceremony will take place Friday, September 21 in the atrium. All UT faculty and staff are invited to attend the event.
For Department Heads
- August 30 – Bi-weekly department heads’ meeting, 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m., Ayres Hall, Room 308H
- September 17 – Welcome reception for new faculty, recently promoted and tenured colleagues, and recognition of 2017-18 retirees, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m., location TBA
- September 21 – Dean’s Advisory Board meeting and College Alumni Awards lunch
- September 27 – Bi-weekly department heads’ meeting, 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m., Ayres Hall, Room 308H
- December 6 – Faculty awards dinner, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m., location TBA