This section of Dialogue features external media coverage faculty, staff, and students in our college received. Links are sourced from UT System News Roundup. If you have a news item, please email Amanda Womac.
Humanities and Visual & Performing Arts
- Compass: Artist of Color (Humanities Center)
- News Sentinel: What does a UT degree mean? For the Tennessee Theatre director, it’s everything (Music)
- News Sentinel: Angels, beasts, Judgment Day: McClung’s ‘Visions of the End’ shows Apocalypse-inspired art (Marco)
- News Sentinel: “Visions of the End” at the McClung Museum of Natural History and Culture (Marco)
- Maryville Daily Times: University of Tennessee Creative Writing Series presents Joy Williams (English)
- EurekAlert!: UT microbiologist receives DOE grant to investigate Peatland carbon processes
- The Medical News: Researchers examine abnormal neuron activity in Rett syndrome (BCMB) Also appeared on Medical Xpress and EurekAlert!.
- Knowridge Science Report: Unhealthy diet trend may be a major cause of today’s obesity epidemic (Anthropology)
- EurekAlert!: Secularism and tolerance of minority groups predicts future prosperity of countries (Anthropology) Also appeared on org.
- Associated Press: Erosion, floods make some final resting places not so final (Anthropology)
- The East Tennessean: Luffman honored as UTK Distinguished Alumni (Geography)
- NBA on TNT: Kenny Smith Reflects on MLK and his Impact (Geography)
- The Advocate: LSU mounds could be oldest man-made structure, but peer review necessary, professor says (Anthropology)