Please read the information below carefully before applying:
CAS Ambassadors serve for recruitment and education efforts with the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Attend Admissions events on behalf of the College of Arts and Sciences (virtually and in person)
- Assist with campus visits for advising and academic meetings
- Full participation in all Ambassador training
- Provide the Dean with feedback and student perspectives
- Participation in INPG 412 class in fall and spring semester for training and development
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Public speaking experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Independence and reliability
Applicants must have successfully completed one semester of coursework in the College of Arts and Sciences with at least a 2.75 GPA at the time of application. Applicants must be full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate students with a declared primary major in the College of Arts and Sciences.
There is a mandatory Fall Training Retreat in August. Applicants unable to attend this event will not be selected. The dates for this training will be August 17th and 18th from 830 AM – 330 PM.
The CAS Ambassador Program is an opportunity for students to gain professional experience by serving as official representatives of the college. For that reason, other requirements include:
- Minimum commitment of 20 hours per semester (including training and travel)
- Minimum of 3 tours must be given each semester
- Close communication with the department/program of your major
- Strong ethical character when sharing information on behalf of the college
- Responsible use of digital communications, including email and social media
The college rewards Ambassadors for their hard work and service in the following ways:
- New Ambassadors will be paid $10.00/hour
- Business cards and promotion materials will be provided
- CAS Ambassador gear
- Showcase on the College of Arts and Sciences web site
Ambassador applications will be open until all positions are filled.
Application review is now closed.
For additional information, contact Brittany Hunt-Woods email@example.com.