As an ambassador for the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) here at UT, you’ll be able to engage with prospective students on a one-on-one basis, providing an individualized experience for students regarding their academic and extracurricular interests. The interdisciplinary nature of the college allows student ambassadors to learn about various programs offered by the college as well as how to develop leadership and team-based skills.
Please read the information below carefully before applying:
CAS Ambassadors serve for recruitment and education efforts with the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Attend Admissions events on behalf of CAS (virtually and in person)
- Assist with college recruitment and retention efforts
- Full participation in all Ambassador training
- Provide the Dean with feedback and student perspectives
- Travel within the state to recruitment events
- Participate in social media takeover Tuesday once per semester
- Participation in INPG 412 class in fall and spring semester for training and development
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Public speaking experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Independence, punctuality, and reliability
Applicants must have successfully completed one semester of coursework in CAS with at least a 2.75 GPA at the time of application. Applicants must be full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate students with a declared primary major in CAS.
There is a mandatory Training in April and August. Applicants unable to attend this training will not be selected.
The CAS Ambassador Program is an opportunity for students to gain professional experience by serving as official representatives of the college. For that reason, other requirements include:
- Minimum commitment of 20 hours per semester (including training and travel)
- Minimum of 3 tours must be given each semester
- Ambassadors will be required to work at minimum 2 days per week by providing availability for a minimum of 3 hours per shift
- Close communication with the department/program of your major
- Strong ethical character when sharing information on behalf of the college
- Responsible use of digital communications, including email and social media
CAS Ambassadors receive the following benefits for their hard work and service:
- CAS Ambassadors will be paid $10.00/hour
- Business cards and promotion materials will be provided
- CAS Ambassador gear
- Showcase on the college web site
Ambassador applications will be open until all positions are filled.
Application review will start February 16th and interviews will be scheduled during the first week in March.
For additional information, contact Brittany Hunt-Woods email@example.com.