CAS Ambassadors serve for recruitment and education efforts with the College of Arts and Sciences. Primary responsibilities include:
- Attending Admissions events on behalf of the College of Arts and Sciences
- Assisting with campus visits for advising and academic meetings
- Enrollment in and successful completion of the Ambassador training course
- Providing the Dean with feedback and student perspectives
To be considered, applicants must have successfully completed one semester of coursework in the College of Arts and Sciences with at least a 2.75 GPA at the time of application. Applicants must be full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate students with a declared primary major in the College of Arts and Sciences. Exceptions may be made for Exploratory students or students with a secondary major in Arts and Sciences based on circumstances. See the Ambassador coordinator for more information.
There is a mandatory Fall Training Retreat in August.
Applicants unable to attend this event will not be selected.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Public speaking experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Independence and reliability
The CAS Ambassador Program is an opportunity for students to gain professional experience by serving as official representatives of the college. For that reason, other requirements include:
- Minimum commitment of 30 hours per semester (including training and travel)
- Close communication with the department/program of your major
- Strong ethical character when sharing information on behalf of the college
- Responsible use of digital communications, including email and social media
The college rewards Ambassadors for their hard work and service in the following ways:
- New Ambassadors will be paid $9.00/hour
- Business cards and promotion materials will be provided
- Spring appreciation dinner
- CAS Ambassador uniform (2 polos and 1 jacket) purchased by the college
Return your completed application with supporting documents to Arts & Sciences Advising Services located in 313 Ayres Hall.
The FINAL DEADLINE to turn in the fully completed Ambassador Application is 5:00 pm EST on Wednesday, February 28th, 2018.