The health and safety of our campus community is our number one concern this fall. There are several resources available to provide you with the information you need to work, teach, and learn safely and effectively. For information about the university’s status and updates, visit utk.edu/coronavirus.
Working on Campus
Everyone coming to campus is required to complete the daily self-check form:
If you are not cleared to come to campus, you should complete the self-isolation form. Once submitted, you will be contacted by the university contact tracing staff within 24 hours.
- Required Daily Health Self-Screening Information
- Information About When to Self Isolate
- What Happens When a COVID-19 Case is Reported
Department Office Hours
The College of Arts and Sciences has 21 departments and nine interdisciplinary programs in buildings all across campus. Due to safety concerns, we are limiting foot traffic in most of our buildings. Several of our departments are operating with a mix of in-person and remote staffing. Learn more about each department’s virtual office hours and scheduling for the fall semester.
Information for Undergraduate Students
- Please check Canvas for your instructor’s contact information and individual office hours and details.
- Need to add or drop a class? Please use our new online Add/Drop Form.
- Need to schedule an advising appointment? Learn more about virtual advising services.
Information for Graduate Students
The Graduate School has several resources available for graduate and professional students. Learn more about academic success, research during the time of COVID-19, graduate assistantships, and other items specific to graduate students at UT.
Information for Faculty
- Teaching Resources
- Safety Guidelines for Classrooms and Labs
- Fall Online & Hybrid Teaching Guide
- Research FAQ
Information for Staff
As of August 11, the university is in Phase 3 of the Return to Work Plan, which encourages units to return to a new normal with full staff while continuing to utilize telework, scheduling, and other measures to maintain social distancing and flexibility. Employees with concerns about their unit’s plans to return to campus can email Human Resources at HR@utk.edu and an HR representative will contact them directly.
Additional Safety Measures
- Face coverings are required to be worn by every person entering the building. Please knock before entering offices to allow others working to put on face coverings.
- Make an appointment, when possible. Please consider virtual office hours or other ways to digitally communicate.
- Practice social distancing. Stay at least six feet apart from others. Follow all signage related to social distancing, particularly in common areas, elevators, hallways, etc.
- Please adhere to one-way directional signage in hallways.
- Clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces when finished.
- Frequently wash hands for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer located throughout the building.