As an ambassador for the UT College of Arts and Sciences (CAS), you’ll be able to engage with prospective students on a one-on-one basis, providing an individualized experience for students regarding their academic and extracurricular interests. The interdisciplinary nature of the college allows student ambassadors to learn about various programs offered by the college as well as how to develop leadership and team-based skills.
Please read the information below carefully before applying:
CAS Ambassadors serve for recruitment and education efforts with the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Attend Admissions events on behalf of CAS (virtually and in person)
- This includes being present at weekend events
- Assist with college recruitment and retention efforts
- Full participation in all Ambassador training
- Provide the Dean with feedback and student perspectives
- Travel within the state to recruitment events
- Participate in social media takeover Tuesday once per semester
- Participation in the INPG 412 class in the spring semester on Tuesday from 430-530 PM starting second session is required
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Public speaking experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Independence, punctuality, and reliability
Applicants must have successfully completed one semester of coursework in CAS with at least a 2.75 GPA at the time of application. Applicants must be full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate students with a declared primary major in CAS.
There is a mandatory training class (INPG 412) starting March 18 – May 7, and a two-day training in August. The training class will be from 430-530 PM on Tuesday. Applicants unable to attend these training sessions will not be selected.
The CAS Ambassador Program is an opportunity for students to gain professional experience by serving as official representatives of the college. For that reason, other requirements include:
- Minimum commitment of 45 hours per semester (On average 3 hours per week – including training and travel)
- Ambassadors will be required to provide tour times for a minimum of 2 days per week and 1 hour per shift.
- Working nights and weekends when required for recruitment events.
- Close communication with the department/program of your major
- Strong ethical character when sharing information on behalf of the college.
- Responsible use of digital communications, including email and social media
CAS Ambassadors receive the following benefits for their hard work and service:
- CAS Ambassadors will be paid $11.00/hour
- Business cards and promotion materials will be provided
- CAS Ambassador gear
- Showcase on the college website
Ambassador applications will be open until February 5th.
Application review will start February 5th. Interviews will run from February 13-23. Offers will be made by March 1st. For additional information, contact Brittany Hunt-Woods email@example.com.