The Big Orange Family Campaign is an annual month-long initiative to enhance philanthropy among faculty and staff.
Giving back is an opportunity for faculty and staff to be the Volunteer difference at the University of Tennessee. Participation from our faculty and staff demonstrates that UT is one of the best investments for a potential donor’s philanthropic support. When we give, we inspire alumni and friends to invest in UT.
Faculty and staff have already established a strong history of giving back to the university in many ways. Over the past eight years, faculty and staff exceeded our expectations and moved the employee giving percentage from 16 to 64 percent.
This year we invite you to participate in the 2020 Big Orange Family Campaign. Together, we can help our students succeed!
If you made a gift after July 1, 2020, your gift will count towards the campaign.
Ways to Give
- Give Online to UT Knoxville
- Give online to the College of Arts and Sciences
- Payroll Deduction
- Join the Dean’s Circle by making a gift
This year we would like to highlight the College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s Circle.
The Dean’s Circle is a leadership investment of $1,000 or more annually to the Arts and Sciences College Fund and/or to a Department Enrichment Fund.
Members of the Dean’s Circle join a group of generous friends and alumni that understand the importance of supporting the college’s most urgent needs.
When you make a gift of $1000 or make a monthly payroll deduction of $83.33. As a thank you for make your gift you will receive the following benefits:
- Dean’s Circle lapel pin, which displays the iconic Ayres Hall
- Invitations to UT and College of Arts and Sciences campus and regional events and receptions
- Access to a college liaison who can answer questions and provide important updates about UT and the College of Arts and Sciences
College of Arts and Sciences Executive Committee Members
This year’s faculty and staff executive committee and team leaders, organized by academic and administrative units, are listed below by their respective units. If you have questions about the campaign, need campaign materials or wish to make a gift, please see one of your unit’s team captains.
This year, we began the campaign with 36 percent participation as a college. The following are current participation numbers per division:
- Todd Moore – Department of Psychology
- Showni Medlin-Crump – Department of Physics & Astronomy
Visual Arts and Music
- Jeffrey Pappas – School of Music
- Judith Welch – Department of English
For frequently asked questions about the Big Orange Family Campaign, click here.