The decision to pursue a health profession can be a challenging and exciting choice. Your educational preparation as an undergraduate is an important key to your overall success. Many students arrive at the university with the goal to become a physician, dentist, or other health professional, but they have little knowledge of what the profession is really like or what the demands are within the profession. Presently only about one-half of applicants to medical school are successful in gaining admission. Because competition is fierce in medicine and other health professions, you should become as familiar as possible with the career to which you are pursuing.
The pre-health advisors in Arts & Sciences Advising Services stand ready to assist you as you explore your options and begin your preparation for a health profession. To schedule an appointment with a pre-health advisor, go to MyUTK.edu through your Grades First link or call 865-974-4483 during regular business hours.
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM)
- UT College of Medicine – Memphis
- James Quillen College of Medicine (ETSU) – Johnson City
- Meharry Medical College – Nashville
- Vanderbilt School of Medicine – Nashville
- LMU Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Other Medical Schools