Graduates and their guests may park free in university student parking areas throughout the campus but should avoid parking in staff parking areas.
The arena’s large-event security protocol will be enforced at both ceremonies. Guests may enter the arena with one clear plastic bag no larger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches.
The only other items ALLOWED in the arena are:
- Small clutch purses no larger than 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches
- Mobile phones
- Binoculars, cameras, and video cameras (without cases)
- Diapers and non-medically necessary items for babies and young children (must be carried in a clear bag)
- Medically necessary items that must be carried in a specific bag, sized proportionately to its contents.
- Umbrella strollers
The following items are PROHIBITED inside the arena:
- Non-clear bags of any size
- Diaper bags
- Backpacks (of any size)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Cans, bottles, coolers
- Outside food, snacks, beverages
- Open umbrellas
- Selfie sticks
- Unmanned aircraft
- Large bags or parcels, including backpacks and purses
- Weapons, including pocket knives
- Artificial noisemakers
- Large travel strollers
Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited inside the arena at all times.
For more information on the security policy, contact the Thompson-Boling Arena management office at 865-974-0953.