College Fund for Arts and Sciences
The College Fund for Arts and Sciences was created to give our donors an opportunity to “Invest in excellence, today.” Gifts to the College Fund are used to support strategic, short-term priorities.
Currently, the principal use of the College Fund is to support Arts and Sciences Excellence Professorships, in which outstanding faculty members receive awards of either $5,000 or $10,000 annually for five years. To date, these professorships have been awarded to faculty members in the Departments of Psychology, Microbiology, Political Science, and Geography.
As donor support of the College Fund grows, additional short-term priorities can be addressed. Having the capacity to invest strategically places the college at a distinct advantage in encouraging and promoting the excellence of our students, faculty, and staff across our departments and programs.
Donors who give $1000 or more annually to the College Fund and/or to a Department Enrichment Fund are invited to become members of the Dean’s Circle.
Members of the Dean’s Circle join a group of generous friends and alumni that understand the importance of supporting the College’s most urgent needs.
As thanks for their leadership in giving annually to the College, they receive the following benefits:
- Dean’s Circle lapel pin which displays the iconic Ayres Hall
- Acknowledgment on the College of Arts & Sciences Dean’s Circle Honor Roll
- Invitations to UT and College of Arts & Sciences campus and regional events and receptions
- Access to a College liaison who can answer questions and provide important updates about UT and the College of Arts & Sciences
How it works
Here are three giving options that will make you a member of the Dean’s Circle:
- A gift of $1,000 to the College Fund for Arts & Sciences
- A gift of $1,000 to a Department Enrichment Fund
- A gift of $500 to the College Fund and $500 to a Department Enrichment Fund
For more information on the College Fund, Department Enrichment Funds, and Deans Circle, contact Myisha Garnes, Annual Giving and Donor Relations Coordinator, in the College of Arts and Sciences Development Office (email@example.com; 865-974-8779).